This is the privacy statement of Gumtree 4x4 Ltd. We understand that your privacy is extremely important to you. As a result we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal data we obtain from you visiting this website is processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling and also in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
This statement provides you with details of the type of information we may hold about you, how we obtain and use any information and how we protect your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Gumtree 4x4 Ltd.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site specialist4x4.co.uk and gumtree4x4.co.uk (our sites).
This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also
ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our site.
THIRD PARTY WEB BEACONS
We use third party web beacons from Yahoo! to help analyse where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Yahoo! may also use anonymous information about your visits to this and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Information given by you which is considered sensitive information in the Data Protection Act 1998 includes information about your medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation and other information which you identify as sensitive. By providing this information voluntarily you give consent that this information may be transferred as per Use of Your information outside the UK to another company within our group. We will not send sensitive information about you to any other third party without your express consent.
WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE UK
If we transfer your information to an associated company of ours, a service provider or agent in another country including outside of the European Economic Area, we will make sure that such organisation agrees to apply the same levels of protection as we are required to apply to information held in the UK and to use your information only for the purpose of providing the service to us.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
How long we keep your information for depends on the basis on which it was provided, generally however:
• We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to provide you with a service that you have requested through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
• We will keep your contact details for as long as we have your consent to send you marketing information and/or pass your contact details to third parties.
• We will keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website up to a period of six years and no longer than reasonably necessary. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period.
• We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Gumtree 4x4 Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES - YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us by emailing us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Gumtree 4x4 Ltd, Unit C17, Tidy's Industrial Estate Ditchling Common, West Sussex, BN6 8SG or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The website provides services for the following: